Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City – A-League

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City - A-League Betting Preview and Prediction

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City - A-League Betting Preview and Prediction

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City – A-League Betting Preview and Prediction

Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City are set to clash this Sunday, November 17 at Dolphin Stadium in Brisbane where Roar will chase their first win of the season, but it won’t be easy as they are facing the in-form Melbourne City, who are racing towards their fifth consecutive win.

 

Brisbane Roar searching for the first three points of the season

Brisbane Roar’s start of their 2019/20 campaign was anything but perfect, seeing how they are entering their fifth fixture of the season with a 0-2-2 record and only two points next to their name. Looking back, they drew against Perth Glory (1:1) in round one, lost against Melbourne Victory (0:1), drew with WS Wanderers (0:2) and most recently lost to Adelaide United. Despite their subpar performance, there is visibly still some optimism left in the team, who put up solid performances yet always came out slightly short.

In the Sunday’s clash with Adelaide United, Brisbane Roar were seen as heavy underdogs but managed to put up a very solid performance. Fowler and his men ended the match with 48% ball possession and shot the ball 3/18. Adelaide on the other side had 52% ball possession and shot the ball slightly better (4/17). Despite producing a close contest, we saw Adelaide score the first and only goal of the day in 84th minute with the help of Riley McGree, who continued Brisbane’s winless streak.

With another crushing defeat, Roar are now sitting at ninth place in the league with two points and negative GD (-2). At this point, it’s worth noting Brisbane conceded only three goals in their four fixtures which is not all that bad, however, what we can’t ignore is that Brisbane scored only once. The main reason behind it is their horrendous shooting, as seen in their clash against Adelaide (3/18). While Brisbane can set themselves up to get a shot off, it’s their inaccuracy and inability to take their opportunities to its full potential which holds them down and it would be safe to say the problem will persist into their fifth fixture of the season.

 

Melbourne City eyeing their fifth win of the season

Melbourne City look to be in great shape ahead of their sixth fixture of the season, as they won every fixture so far, with the sole exception being their unfortunate draw against Melbourne Victory in round one (0:0). Following the draw against their city rivals, City defeated Adelaide (2:1), Western united (2:1), Wellington Phoenix (3:2) and most recently CCM (3:1).

In their most recent fixture against Central Coast Mariners, Melbourne City had it fairly easy as they did not face much resistance from the visitors. Melbourne City got themselves in the lead only 17 minutes in with the help of Good, which was also the one goal of the first half. Luna scored the second goal of the match in 59th minute to get City two goals up and we got to see Griffiths add the third in 82nd minute to make it 3:0. Melbourne City let their guard down slightly in the closing minutes of the match and conceded a goal in 89th minute, making the final score 3:1. Overall, the hosts were a better team that day. They ended the match with 52% ball possession and shot the ball 9/23, while CCM held onto the ball for 48% of the time and shot the ball 5/16. All in all, we can’t help but praise City for their incredible form, which they managed to keep up even without Jamie Maclaren.

 

Verdict & Prediction

If Brisbane Roar wish to walk away from this bout with something, they will have to focus on defence, defence and again defence. Melbourne City have proven they can be incredibly deadly in the attack if given a chance and their two goals per game average in A-League shows exactly that. Brisbane, while producing solid numbers in their fixtures still look very iffy under Robbie Fowler, which especially holds true for their attack, seeing how they scored one goal in their last four league fixtures. All things considered, we can expect a fairly one-sided affair, where Brisbane Roar will do their best to defend their net and come out with at least one point. That said, we don’t believe they will manage to keep their net untouched for the whole 90 minutes and we can be sure they will have a hard time scoring a goal as well.

 

Prediction: Melbourne City +0.00 Asian Handicap
Odds: 1.76 Pinnacle